Xperia M is the budget Android Smartphone form Sony and the device features a 4 inch TFT Capacitive touch screen display with 480 x 854 pixels resolution. It is powered by 1 GHz Dual Core Krait processor coupled with 1 GB RAM and 4 GB internal storage, which is expandable up to 32 GB via MicroSD card. The device runs on Android 4.1 JB out of the box and is upgradable to 4.2.2 JB.
Sony has recently confirmed that it is not going to roll the Android Kitkat update for Xperia M C1904, C1905. So the owners or users of Xperia M C1904, C1905 have to search for Custom ROM’s to update Xperia M C1904, C1905 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware and the enjoy the taste of the Kitkat on their device. So we have brought you the well know custom ROM i.e., CM 11 ROM, in order to update Xperia M C1904, C1905 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.
CM 11 is known as CyanogenMod 11 and is well known ROM available for most of the Smartphones out there. The team of developers at CyanogenMod give their best to come out with a ROM for a particular device. So let’s try this ROM and update Xperia M C1904, C1905 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware.
- Take complete backup of device data to safe location. Maintain a battery level of 80% or more.
- Install USB drivers and setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Install CWM Recovery and Root Xperia M C1904, C1905.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options.
- Backup TA Partition and unlock Bootloader on your smartphone.
How to update Xperia M C1904, C1905 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat using CM 11 ROM:
1. Firstly download ROM files from the below download section and transfer to root folder of device SD card using a USB cable.
2. Boot your device into fastboot by using flash boot.img from cm11 zip
3. Switch OFF your Sony Xperia M C1905 and enter CWM Recovery by pressing Volume Up button and do full wipe (From Recovery Menu, use Volume Up or Down button for navigation)
4. Go to choose from SDcard or install ZIP from SD card and install or flash cm-11-20140217-UNOFFICIAL-c1905.zip and pa_gapps-stock-4.4.2-20140301-signed.zip in ClockworkMod Recovery.
5. After ZIP file got installed DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (Wipe dalvik cache) (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot).
6. Wait for 3 to 4 minutes and go to main menu and select ‘reboot system now’.
7. That it, your Sony Xperia M C1905 smartphone now ready to reboot at Android 4.4.2 Kitkat version with CM11.0 features
Google Apps Package