Do you own Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 and want to root it, to get most out of your tab like installing Custom ROM, tweak your device, download paid apps for free etc., then you can now by following the below procedure. If you want to know want what rooting in Android is then go here, if you already know what rooting is then you can follow the below steps.
Before following the below steps let’s have a Quick look at following pre-requisites.
- Make a complete backup of your device. Don’t use Samsung Kies to backup your data as it will not help you restore the data.
- Enable USB Debugging from the Developer Options in your Tab by following appropriate procedure.
- Make sure your device is charged to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device while rooting.
Disclaimer: We the members of Gadgets Academy should not be held liable / responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps properly. Proceed at your own risk.
Root Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 Android 4.2.2 Firmware:
2. Turn off your device and enter into Download Mode by pressing “Volume Down, Home and Power Button” at the same time until you see warning message saying Press volume up to enter into Download Mode.
3. Press Volume Up to enter into Download mode.
4. Open Odin Software in your PC and connect your device to PC using USB data cable, while the device is still in Download mode.
5. Now in Odin click on “PDA” and select rooting package, which you have downloaded and extracted earlier on your PC.
6. Click on “Start” button to start flashing the root package on your device. It may take some time, wait until it shows “PASS” message. Now your device will reboot and let it successfully reboot.
7. Now disconnect your device from PC. Keep in mind that sometimes first boot make take about 4-5mins so be patience.
Note: If your device gets into boot loop then you need to remove your battery and reinsert it and then power your device ON.
So there you go, you have successfully rooted your Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113. If you have any queries, do let us know in the comment section.