Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 can now be updated with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware. The update is being rolled out by Samsung via OTA and might take some time to get your device updated to this firmware, as this depends on what region you are in. So if you can’t wait to update your Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 with this update then this guide is better suitable for you. In this guide we are going to manually update Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUFNF4 firmware.
Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUFNF4 firmware details:
- Model: SM-N9005
- Model name: GALAXY Note 3 LTE
- Country: Malaysia
- Version: Android 4.4.2
- Changelist: 1955971
- Build date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 12:15:26 +0000
- Product Code: XME
- PDA: N9005XXUFNF4
- CSC: N9005OLBFNG1
- MODEM: N9005XXUFNF
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, so as to make sure if any data is lost we can restore it.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from turning off in between the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options. Mostly situate at path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”.
- Download and install USB Drivers for Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 on PC from here.
- Backup your mobile EFS Data from here.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to update Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware:
2. Once downloaded Extract Kitkat firmware package to a folder.
3. Run Odin software on your PC as administrator.
4. Power off Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005.
5. Enter into Download Mode, by pressing and holding Galaxy note 3 LTE N9005 Volume Down + Home + Power Button simultaneously until you see some warning text on screen. Now press Power or Volume Up buttons (as listed in warning message) to enter into Download Mode.
6. Connect your device to PC using OEM Data cable.
7. Now in Odin ID:COM box will turn blue and an “Added” message will appear in Odin.
8. Now select firmware files to load in Odin, they should be loaded from the directory where you have extracted the downloaded firmware file.
9. Click on PDA or AP and select the file with “CODE” in its name
10. Click on CP or Phone and select the file with “MODEM” in its name. Skip this step if no such file is found.
11. Click on CSC and select the file with “CSC” in its name. Skip this step if no such file is found.
12. Click on PIT and select the file with .pit extension. Skip this step if no such file is found.
13. Now in Odin make sure only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked. In case if you have selected PIT file in above steps then also check Re-Partition.
14. Once you are all set with all the above steps, hit Start this will flash the firmware files on your Galaxy note 3 LTE N9005.
15. Once it boots up you are ready to experience Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on Galaxy note 3 LTE N9005.