Xperia Z2 Tablet can now be updated to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware, which is the latest Android version out there till date, all this is made possible by the Custom ROM developers. So let’s thank them first and then proceed to update Xperia Z2 Tablet to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware using CM 11 Nightly ROM.
Before we proceed to update Xperia Z2 Tablet to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware, we must follow some set of instruction called pre requisites, to prepare Xperia Z2 Tablet for the update process and also to avoid it from bricking.
- Backup TA Partition
- Unlock Bootloader on your device.
- Backup all your important data.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device on PC.
- Make sure you have installed Custom Recovery and Rooted your device.
How to update Xperia Z2 Tablet to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat firmware using CM 11 Nightly ROM:
1. Download the CM11 Android 4.4.4 Kitkat ROM Package from the below links, suitable according to your variant.
2. Download the Google Apps Package from here to your PC.
3. Copy both the packages to the Root of the SD card.
4. Power off Xperia Z2 Tablet.
5. Enter into Recovery Mode. To do so, power your device, as soon as the green LED turns on, press Volume Up key for CWM Recovery.
6. Once you are in Recovery Mode, wipe all the data, cache and dalvik cache.
7. Once done, select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the ROM package and install it.
8. Now again follow the above step and install Google Apps Package.
9. Once done, perform operations to wipe data, cache and dalvik cache.
10. Now Go Back and select reboot system now, this will boot your device into normal mode.
11. Once the device boots up, you are now ready to experience the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on Xperia Z2 Tablet.