Sony Xperia Z2 D6503, D6502 and D6543 have received the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update and the update is rolled out via OTA with 17.1.2.A.0.314 as the build number. If you are looking to update Xperia Z2 D6503, D6502 and D6543 to this firmware, then you can follow the procedure below.
- Make sure your device is Xperia Z2 with model no D6503, D6502 or D6543. Check in Settings > About.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, so that we can restore the data, if any data loss has been encountered, while updating your device.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
How to Update Xperia Z2 D6503, D6502 and D6543 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat 17.1.2.A.0.314 firmware:
1. Download and setup Flashtool on your PC.
2. Download the appropriate firmware file for your device from the below links:
- Android 4.4.2 Xperia Z2 C6502 [Generic/Unbranded] (Pass: z2vietnam)
- Android 4.4.2 Xperia Z2 C6503 [Generic/Unbranded]
- Android 4.4.2 Xperia Z2 C6543 [Generic/Unbranded]
3. Transfer the downloaded firmware file and paste in Flashtool > Firmwares folder.
4. Now you need to run Flashtool.exe as administrator.
5. Now hit the small lightening button at the top left corner and select Flashmode.
6. Select the FTF firmware file.
7. Now from the right side, select options to wipe Data, Cache and apps log (recommended to choose all the wipes).
8. Now click on OK.
9. Once the firmware files are loaded, a popup appears, asking you to connect your device to PC, by turning it off and keeping the back key pressed.
10 Now power off Xperia Z2 and connect it to PC by pressing and holding the Volume Down key. Now make sure not to release Volume Down key, until the whole flashing process is completed.
11. As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, Flashtool will start flashing the firmware files to your device.
12. Once the flashing is done, release the Volume Down key and unplug your device and reboot your device.