CyanogenMod team has released official CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow rom for Sony Xperia M (C1904, C1905). As the device is too old, company has not included to its official list of Xperia mobiles getting Android 6.0 update. So, there will be no major Android updates to Xperia M apart from minor updates for bugs and security fixes. The device is currently running on Android Jellybean which itself is an older Google OS. But thanks to CyanogenMod, we can taste the all new Android 6.0 Marshmallow with the help of CM13 official rom.
As the rom is new, we might see some bugs and issues which will be fixed in its next release. Before starting with the flashing process, do check the following requirements and make sure to fulfil it. Once check, you can continue with the step by step process on how to install CM13 rom on Xperia M or update Xperia M to Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware.
Note: The current CM13 official Nightly rom will not support Sony Xperia Dual model.
- The following CM13 Marshmallow rom is compatible only with Xperia M (C1904, C1905). Don’t try to flash on any other Sony device.
- Take backup of your current rom
- Charge your device well enough so that the entire flashing process can be completed without any power-off.
- Backup all your important stuff like Contacts, SMS, App data, call logs, etc. as the process undergoes factory reset.
- CWM/TWRP Recovery should be installed.
Disclaimer: Installation of custom rom may voids company warranty. It may also brick your handset if doesn’t followed the steps correctly. So, understand the risk and proceed at your own interest.
How to install CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Sony Xperia M
1. Download official CM13 rom and appropriate Gapps 6.0 package for your device from the above download section.
2. Connect you device with PC and copy the CM13 rom & Gapps zip packages in sd storage.
3. Now you need to reboot the device into TWRP or CWM recovery using appropriate hardware keys.
4. Then from the recovery main menu, flash CM13 rom and Gapps 6.0 packages.
5. Now you need to clear cache, clear data and factory reset your Xperia M2.
6. Reboot the device into normal mode.
Congrats! You have just installed official Cyanogenmod 13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow rom in your Sony Xperia M smartphone.