How to update Xperia L to Android 5.0 Lollipop using CM 12 Custom ROM
As the Android 5.0 Lollipop is the most awaited Android OS for many of the Android users, developers are trying their best and providing the new builds of Custom ROM’s for various device and here in this guide we have brought one such Custom ROM which will help you in updating Xperia L to Android 5.0 Lollipop and the ROM is none other than CyanogenMod 12.
CyanogenMod is under work at the moment developing Custom ROM for Xperia L, but in the meantime some of the developers have started working on the unofficial builds and here they have brought CM 12 unofficial build for Xperia L. This ROM was compiled by XDA recognized developer varun.chitre15 and the ROM is working fine as of now and there are no bugs reported by the users. We suspect there might be some bugs as this is the first build of CM 12 for Xperia L. So if you are normal Android users then you probably should not install this ROM as it can’t be used as the daily driver at the moment. On the other hand if you are an Android power user then you can install the ROM and play around with it. So let’s head towards updating Xperia L to Android 5.0 Lollipop using CM 12 ROM.
Before we proceed, let’s follow some of the instructions to be away from any mishaps that might encounter during the update process.
- Backup your important data, as installing Custom ROM will erase all of your data stored on your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from Developer Options.
- Make sure battery percentage on your device is at least 75%.
- Unlock Bootloader on your device.
- Root and install Custom Recovery on Xperia L.
How to update Xperia L to Android 5.0 Lollipop using CM 12 ROM:
1. Download the ROM package and Google Apps Package from the above links.
2. Copy both files to internal storage of your device. Make sure to copy at the root of your storage but not inside any folder.
3. Power off Xperia L.
4. Enter into Recovery Mode, to do so, power on Xperia L and then quickly press the Volume up key.
5. Once you are in Recovery Mode, wipe all of your data, cache and dalvik cache.
6. Now select “Install Zip from SD card” and choose the CM 12 ROM package and install it.
7. Follow the above step again and install the Google App Package.
8. Once done, Go Back and select “reboot system now” to boot your device into normal mode.