Xperia Arc/Arc S LT15i/LT18i runs on Android 4.0 ICS and since then it haven’t received any software updates. So if you own this device then you might be dissatisfied as this device runs on older version of Android. But don’t worry, we have brought a Custom ROM, using which you can successfully update Xperia Arc/Arc S LT15i/LT18i to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware and the Custom ROM is AOKP Custom ROM.
AOKP Stands for Android Open Kang project. Similar to other Custom ROM’s, AOKP Custom ROM is Stable and is well built. It is based on the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware. It puts less strain on your device so it will help you in getting better battery life. It is clean, tweaked with Holo UI, AOKP Goodies and many other features.
- Make sure your device is Xperia Arc/Arc S LT15i/LT18i
- You need to perform backup of all the data present on your handset.
- Charge your device to at least 75% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off during the update process.
- Enable USB debugging.
How to update Xperia Arc/Arc S LT15i/LT18i to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat using AOKP ROM
1. Download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware to your PC.
2. Copy the file and paste it in the Flashtool > Firmwares folder.
3. Now from PC, run Flashtool.exe as administrator.
4. Now hit the small lightening button on the top left corner and select Flashmode.
5. Select the FTF firmware file that you copied in the Firmware folder.
6. From the right side, choose to wipe data, cache and apps log, it is good to have all wipes.
7. Click OK. This makes flashtool prepare the flashing files.
8. As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will ask you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press.
9. As soon as the device is detected in Flashmode, the flashing process will start.
10. As soon as the flashing process completes, leave the Volume Down key, disconnect it from PC and reboot your device.