Looking to update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos (I982/GT-I9082L) to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware, then you are on the right place. With this easy tutorial we will show you to update your device to KitKat firmware. Before going to update process, make sure to check the pre-requisites and then proceed to the step by step guide to Update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos to KitKat 4.4.2 Firmware.
Disclaimer: Gadgets Academy is not responsible for any damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully.
- Make sure that the USB Debugging Mode is enabled. This is an important step. To enable go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging in your android device.
- Download Galaxy Grand Duos USB drivers from here
- Make backup of your text messages and contacts, so that it will be safe after the procedure. Click Here to backup.
- Root and Install ClockworkMod Recovery on your device. Click Here
- Make sure the device has 75% of charging so that it doesn’t power off in the middle of the update process.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos to Android 4.4.2 KitKat via OMNI ROM
2. Enter the device into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume up, menu and power buttons all at the same time.
3. Now backup your existing ROM, by choosing the Backup and Restore option. You can restore your stock ROM whenever you feel necessary with this Backup process.
4. Now from the main menu, select the option Wipe data/Factory reset to wipe all the present data in your device.
5. After wiping data, again go to Main Menu and select Install zip from sdcard > Choose zip from SDcard. Navigate the copied OMNI ROM file, select it and confirm the installation. That’s it your installation process starts.
6. After that, repeat the same process to install GApps (Google Application Package) on your device.
7. Now power off your Galaxy Grand Duos and restart in Normal mode.
8. Congratulations! You have successfully updated your device to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS via OMNI custom ROM.
In this way you can update your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos (I982/GT-I9082L) to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware. Any problems while updating the device, lets us know by leaving a comment below.