Android 5.0 is trending these days in the Android market and most of the people are looking to update their devices using Custom ROM’s if the official firmware is not rolled out, to enjoy Lollipop and Material design. So here in this guide we have brought a tutorial on how to update Nexus 7 2012 to Android 5.0 Lollipop. Once you have installed the Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Nexus 7 2012, you will have a whole look and feel of Android. So without any further overdo let’s proceed and update Nexus 7 2012 to Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Before we proceed to update Nexus 7 2012 to Android 5.0 Lollipop using Factory images, we must prepare Nexus 7 2012 for the update process and also to avoid interruption in between the installation process.
- Backup your important data including apps, messages, contacts etc. to a safe location.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from Settings > Developer Options. If Developer Options is not located under settings, then enable it by tapping on build number for about 7-10 times.
- Make sure your device is charged to at least 75%.
- Install USB drivers suitable for your device from here on your PC.
- Download and Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Unlock Bootloader on Nexus 7 2012.
[box type=”download” ]
How to update Nexus 7 2012 to Android 5.0 Lollipop using Factory images:
- Download the Android 5.0 Lollipop Factory image from the above link.
- Make sure you have setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC from here.
- Extract the firmware files to the Fastboot folder.
- Open the Fastboot folder and press and hold Shift key and right click anywhere inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space. Now from the list select open command window here.
- Connect your device to PC using OEM data cable.
- Now type the following commands to install the Android 5.0 Lollipop Factory image on Nexus 7 2012. If necessary change the bold line accordingly.
[box type=”shadow” ]
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-filename.img
fastboot flash radio radio-filename.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot flash cache cache.img
- Once done, reboot your device and enjoy Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware.