OmniROM is the best ROM which is available out there for many devices, the most amazing features of this ROM is Multi Window, DSP Manager, Omni Switch, fastness etc. The OmniROM is also available for LG Nexus 5 with lot of powerful features. So if you are on who is looking for Custom ROM’s for your LG Nexus 5 then this would be the good choice. Using this ROM you can also Update LG Nexus 5 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from developer options.
- Charge your device to at least 85%, to avoid bricking of your device and is highly recommended.
- Make sure your device is LG Nexus 5.
- Make sure your device is rooted and have CWM recovery installed.
- Unlock Bootloader on LG Nexus 5.
How to Update LG Nexus 5 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware:
1. Download Android 4.4.4 Factory Image for Nexus 5 on your PC, if you haven’t already.
2. Connect your Nexus 5 to your computer using the USB cable.
3. Please make sure Fastboot is configured and properly installed on your computer. How? See here: How to Set Up ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK.
4. Turn OFF your phone.
5. Get into the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on your phone. Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons till you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
6. Now extract the downloaded file anywhere in your computer. Go to the folder hammerhead-KTU84P and then copy/paste all the files to your Fastboot directory.
7. From the factory image files in your Fastboot directory, do the following depending which OS you are on:
- On Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
- On Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
8. That’s pretty much that you had to do for flashing the stock factory image on your Nexus 5. Now wait and watch as the process is completed — or follow the on-screen instructions on your phone if in case you have to unlock the bootloader.