Samsung Galaxy Y is one of the cheapest Android Smartphone launched by Samsung, after its launch this device received only minor software update which were rolled out to fix the bugs detected on the device, which includes SD card removed unexpectedly error and some other. And from then it haven’t received any software update, so if you own this device and want to update to Android 4.4 Kitkat then follow this guide. In this tutorial we are going to update Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 4.4 Kitkat using New Experience Custom ROM.
- Backup your mobile EFS data.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device on PC.
- You must have installed CWM Recover on Galaxy Y S5360.
- Device should have root access.
How to Update Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 4.4 Kitkat using New Experience ROM:
2. Copy both the packages to the Root of the SD card.
3. Power off Galaxy Y S5360.
4. Enter into Recovery Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see Galaxy Y Logo.
5. Once you are in CWM Recovery, wipe all the data, cache and dalvik cache.
6. Once done, select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the ROM package and install it.
7. Now again follow the above step and install Google Apps Package.
8. Once done, again perform full data wipe. Also wipe cache and dalvik cache.
9. Reboot your device.