Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F had earlier received the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update and the update is rolled out via OTA. If you haven’t updated your device to this firmware then update it via OTA option. If at all you are facing issues updating your device to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware then follow this guide and manually update Galaxy S5 G900F to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXU1ANG9 firmware.
- Model: SM-G900F
- Model name: GALAXY S5
- Country: South East Europe
- Version: Android 4.4.2
- Changelist: 2089850
- Build date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:07:06 +0000
- Product Code: SEE
- PDA: G900FXXU1ANG9
- CSC: G900FOXX1ANG5
- MODEM: G900FXXU1ANG8
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- G900FXXU1ANG9 is an official firmware by Samsung for the Galaxy S5 G900F.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Charge your handset up to 80%.
- Enable USB Debugging from settings.
How to update Galaxy S5 G900F to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXU1ANG9 Firmware:
1. Download the KitKat firmware and ODIN software from the below download section.
2. Switch off your device.
3. Next, boot your phone in Download Mode.
4. Now you can open the Odin3 v3.09 exe on your computer.
5. Connect the smartphone to your PC now.
6. First thing that you need to do now is to click on Odin’s AP button.
7. Find the G900FXXU1ANG9 tar.md5 file and load it in Odin.
8. Hit the START button in order to begin the install of Android 4.4.2 ROM for your Galaxy S5.
9. When the update is complete you will see your phone rebooting and Odin will display the ‘PASS’ alert.
10. The reboot process will take a while to complete, don’t press any buttons until you see the home screen of your new ROM.