Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 has received the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update and the update is rolled out via OTA with XXUGNG8 as build number. If you haven’t yet updated your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware then update it via OTA option. If you are facing issues updating Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 via OTA, then you can follow this guide and manually update Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUGNG8 firmware.
- Model: GT-I9505
- Model name: GALAXY S4 LTE
- Country: Germany
- Version: Android 4.4.2
- Changelist: 2309103
- Build date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:16:57 +0000
- Product Code: DBT
- PDA: I9505XXUGNG8
- CSC: I9505OXAGNG8
- MODEM: I9505XXUGNG8
- Make sure your device is Galaxy S4 LTE with model no I9505. Check in Settings > About.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, so that we can restore the data if any data loss occurs during the update process.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9505to Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware:
1. Boot your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE into recovery mode and wipe factory data / reset.
2. Open Odin3.exe.
3. Put your S4 Mini LTE in download mode.
4. Connect your S4 Mini LTE to your PC.
5. As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
6. For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the extracted firmware file, that should be in .tar.md5 format.
7. If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
8. Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
9. Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
Congrats! your device is now running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.