How to install Android 4.4.2 Dirty Unicorn ROM on Samsung Galaxy S I9100 – Complete Guide
Owing a Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 and it still runs on older version of Android, it disappoints the user. So want to taste the latest version of Android i.e., Android 4.4. Kitkat firmware on your device then you can now experience it on your device. All this is made possible by the Custom ROM’s developers. So in this guide we are going to check how to update Galaxy S2 i9100 to Android 4.4. Kitkat firmware using Dirty Unicorn ROM.
So if you want to install this Dirty Unicorn Custom ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100, then have a look at the features of this ROM below.
Features of Dirty Unicorn ROM:
- Facebook Sync Hack
- PDroid patches included
- Immersive mode
- Hot Reboot Option
- Appbar (ribbons)
- Customizable Quick Settings
- Customizable power menu
- Customizable lockscreen shortcuts
- App Ops access in Settings
- TRDS (built in theme in settings)
- Statusbar Clock options
- NavBar Options
- Halo from Paranoidandroid
- Halo size changer
- Hardware key remap mod
- Battery Bar / Circle batteries
- Network speed indicators in statusbar
- Koush Superuser
- Build.prop mods
- Init.d Tweaks
- Active Display (Moto X notifications)
- ListView Animations
- Custom System Animations
- Custom BusyDialog
- Advanced Low Battery Indicator options
- ScreenShot QuickTrash
- Color Changing PhaseBeam
- Gesture Anywhere
- Button Light Notification
Before proceeding to Install Dirty Unicorn ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100, let’s have a quick look at some of the pre-requisites, to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make a backup of all of your data including SMS, Contacts etc., as we are going to install custom ROM which will erase all of your data on Phone Memory.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from Developer Options.
- Backup your Mobiles EFS Data, to avoid connectivity issues. Want to know what EFS is? And how to backup it – check here.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted. If not rooted then find a solution to root and install custom Recovery on your device.
Assuming that you are done with all the above Pre-Requisites, let’s now proceed to update Galaxy S2 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Firmware using Dirty Unicorn ROM.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following steps properly. So proceed at your own risk!!!
Procedure to update Galaxy S2 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware using Dirty Unicorn ROM:
- Download the Custom ROM Package from here to your PC.
- Also download the Google Apps Package from here to your PC.
- Now copy both the files to your device’s SD card. Make sure to copy at the root of your SD card, not inside any folder.
- Power off your device.
- Enter into Recovery Mode, by pressing Volume Up + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see some text on the screen.
- Now in Recovery Mode choose options to Wipe Data and Cache and perform the operations.
- Now select Install zip from SD card and choose the Custom ROM Package which you have copied earlier.
- Once Custom ROM Package is installed, again choose Install zip from SD card and this time choose Google Apps Package and install it.
- Now Go Back and select Reboot system now and wait for your device to reboot. First boot may take some time so please be patience.
- Once the device boots up you are now ready to experience Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware on your device via Dirty Unicorn ROM.
That’s it you are ready to go and enjoy the Dirty Unicorn Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while doing the same.