Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 has earlier received the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update and the update is available via OTA. If you are having trouble in updating your device to this firmware, then this guide might help you. Here in we are going to manually update Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXUFNG2 firmware using Odin and firmware package.
- Model: SM-N9005
- Model name: GALAXY Note 3 LTE
- Country: Germany
- Version: Android 4.4.2
- Changelist: 1955971
- Build date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 15:16:09 +0000
- Product Code: DBT
- PDA: N9005XXUFNG2
- CSC: N9005DBTFNG1
- MODEM: N9005XXUFNG2
- The battery percentage in your Galaxy Note 3 Android phone should be more than 60%.
- Make sure USB debugging option is enabled. If not enable by heading to path Settings > About > Developer Options.
- Download Samsung Galaxy S4 USB Drivers
- Don’t forget to take backup of your entire device data (SMS, Contacts, app data, call log, video, images, etc.)
How to update Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 to Android 4.4.2 XXUFNG2 firmware
Step 1: Download the Android 4.4.2 Firmware update and Odin package to your computer from the below download section.
Step 2: Once downloaded, you need to extract the same and open Odin in your computer. Once connected, the ID: COM section in Odin will turn Yellow / Green depending upon the Odin version. If you don’t see ID: COM section turn some other color, then you need to install the drivers.
Step 3: Now turn off your device and enter into download mode by pressing and holding Home + Power + Volume down buttons together
Step 4: Now take standard USB cable and connect the Galaxy Note 3 to the computer. Then click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package.
Step 5: After selecting the tar file, just tap on “Start” option to begin the firmware update process. This process takes 3-4 minutes to complete and then the device will reboot.
Step 6: After successful reboot, check the Android version of the smartphone from Settings > About Phone.