Want to update your Galaxy Ace 2 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat, but Samsung is not rolling out this update for your device, then don’t worry, simply follow the below guide to update your device to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware. All this made possible by the custom ROM developers, who have contributed for developing this awesome Kitkat ROM.
Before proceeding to update Galaxy Ace 2 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware, let’s have a look at some of the pre-requisites, to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data, as we are going to install the custom ROM, which will erase all of your data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device and is highly recommended.
- Backup your EFS Data, to avoid connectivity issues, after upgrading to Kitkat. Follow here, for backing up and restoring EFS Data
Assuming that you are done with all the above pre-requisites, let’s now proceed to update Galaxy Ace 2 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware.
Procedure to update Galaxy Ace 2 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Firmware:
- Download Cyanogen Mod 11 Kitkat Firmware Package and Google Apps Package from here to your PC.
- Once Downloaded Copy both the files to your device’s SD card. Make sure to copy at the root of the SD card, but not inside any folder.
- Power Off your device and boot into Recovery Mode, by pressing and holding “Home + Volume Up + Power” buttons simultaneously, until Galaxy Ace 2 Logo appears.
- In Recovery Mode, select Wipe Data and Wipe Cache options and perform both the operations.
- Now select “Install zip from SD card” and then select the Cyanogen Mod 11 Custom ROM package and install the same.
- Now again select “Install zip from SD card” and choose the Google Apps Package and install the same.
- Once you are done with installing both the packages, go back and select “Reboot system now”. The first boot may take some time, may be up to 5-6 min, so please be patience and wait for it to successfully boot up.
Note: If at all your device gets into boot loop sequence then you have to remove the battery and boot it again. If the problem still persists then follow the above procedure again.
- Once the device boots up, you will now be able to enjoy the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on your Galaxy Ace 2 device.
That’s it now you have successfully known how to update Galaxy Ace 2 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat, by following the above procedure. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while trying to update Galaxy Ace 2 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat. Also share this post with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and let them also know how to update Galaxy Ace 2 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.