The most awaited tablet of the quarter is out and some Android enthusiasts have grabbed it looking forward to experiment with it and here in this guide we are going to guide you on how to unlock Bootloader on Nexus 9. So just grab your Nexus 9 and follow the steps listed below and unlock the Bootloader. Unlocking Bootloader is the main door to all the other mods and optimizations, as it allows users to root their device, install Custom ROM’s etc.
So without wasting more time, let’s proceed to unlock Bootloader on Nexus 9. But as usual you have to prepare your device for the unlocking process, by following the pre-requisites listed below.
- Backup all of your data on your PC, which includes apps, messages, contacts etc.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from shutting down in between the unlocking process.
- Install USB drivers suitable for your device on PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to Nexus 9. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Nexus 9:
- Grab your Nexus 9.
- Connect it to PC using OEM Data cable.
- Now open Command prompt in Fastboot folder. To do so, open the Fastboot folder and press and hold Shift key and right click anywhere inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space. Now from the list of options choose open command window here.
- Now boot Nexus 9 into Bootloader / Fastboot Mode by typing the following command in command prompt and press enter.
adb reboot Bootloader
- Once the device boots into Bootloader / Fastboot Mode, issue the following command to unlock the Bootloader on Nexus 9.
Fastboot oem unlock
- Press the Volume Up key when prompted, to proceed to unlock the Bootloader.
- Your device will reboot automatically and your device is successfully unlocked.
- To check if your device is unlocked or not, then boot your device into Bootloader / Fastboot mode and check the Device State, if it shows unlocked then you have successfully Unlocked Bootloader on Nexus 9.