How to Root/Unroot Galaxy Ace S5830i on Stock Android 2.3 Ginger Bread OS – Complete Guide.
Galaxy Ace is a well known entry level Smartphone from Samsung and it runs on android 2.3 Ginger bread OS out of the box. It is packed with 832 MHz CPU and 5 MP rear Camera. It also lacks some features like its internal memory is not sufficient i.e., 190 MB and has less RAM of 250 MB.Galaxy Ace Root Unroot
So In order to overcome the drawbacks in Galaxy Ace we need to root it. If you don’t know what rooting is please check our previous post here. Before continuing to rooting we need to follow some of the pre-requisites to avoid bricking of your mobile.
- First of all please make a backup of all your data to a safe place, to avoid losing your data.
- Now make sure the battery in your mobile is at least 75%.
- Now in your mobile go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging, and make sure USB debugging is ticked.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for any damage occurred to your Galaxy Ace for not following the instructions properly.
Steps to Root Galaxy Ace S5830i:
- Download CWM recovery file for your from here or here.
- Download Root Package for your mobile here or here.
- Now copy both the files in the root of your sdcard.
Note: Make sure not to copy inside any folder, you need to copy in root of your sdcard.
- Switch off your mobile and enter into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up, Home, and Power button at a time until you see Galaxy Ace logo.
- Now in recovery mode select update from sdcard option and select ClockWorkRec5830i.zip which you downloaded earlier.
- You will see that you entered into ClockWork Mod Recovery, now in ClockWork Mod Recovery select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard.
- Now select Root_Ace_S5830i.zip by scrolling down and install it.
- After installing go back using back softkey and select Reboot system now, this will reboot your device.
- After successful reboot, you confirm your device is rooted or not by downloading Root Checker app from Playstore.
Watch a video guide on how to root galaxy ace below:
Steps to Unroot Galaxy Ace S5830i:
In case if you want to unroot your device then you can follow the below steps.
- Download the Unroot Package from here or here.
- Download the CWM recovery from here.
- And you can follow the above steps as said and don’t forget to check its unroot status using Root Checker app.
Watch a video on How to Unroot Galaxy Ace:
Don’t forget to share your questions in comment section.