Huawei Ascend G6 was released earlier this year in February and is made available in May. The device is categorised in the mid range Android devices and offers 4.5 inch IPS LCD Capacitive touch screen display with 540 x 960 pixels resolution. It is powered by 1.2 GHz Quad-Core processor and runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The device has 4GB internal Storage and 1 GB RAM; and is priced around 250 EUR.
Similar to all the other Android Smartphones, Huawei Ascend G6 can also be rooted and the procedure to root Huawei Ascend G6 is quite simple and easy to follow, as it is being rooted using automated software called Root Genius, all you need to do is to do some settings and sit back and watch it rooting your Huawei Ascend G6.
Before we proceed, we have to follow some steps to prepare Huawei Ascend G6 and also PC for rooting process. So follow the below listed pre requisites to successfully Root Huawei Ascend G6 without any issues or interruptions.
- Backup all of your data to safe locations, so that we can ensure no data loss occurs during rooting process.
- Charge your device to at least 75% and is highly recommended as it may avoid your device from shutting down in between the rooting process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device on PC from here.
- Make sure no PC suite is Running in Background on your PC. Kill them using Task Manager.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Huawei Ascend G6. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
How to Root Huawei Ascend G6:
1. Download and install the Root Genius Program from here to your PC. Make sure USB Debugging in Enabled.
2. Open Root Genius Program as administrator on your PC. Connect your device to PC using OEM Data Cable.
3. Wait for your device to be detected by the Root Genius Program. If it is not detected make sure you have installed USB Drivers for device on PC. Once the device is detected, tap on Root it.
4. Sit back and watch Root Genius doing its job, once it is done Rooting Huawei Ascend G6, it will show Success Message and the device will reboot automatically.
5. Now you will find King User App in app drawer. King User is the Chinese version of Super User, so if you prefer to use English version the Download and install SuperSU from here and freeze King User using Titanium Backup.