In this guide checkout How to root HTC One Max, to tweak it beyond its limits and play with your device. Want to know what rooting in Android is then go here and checkout. If you are familiar with what rooting in Android is then you can proceed to root HTC One Max.
Before going to root HTC One Max you have to follow some of the pre-requisites to avoid bricking of your device.
- Backup your data from HTC One Max to a safe location, to avoid data loss while rooting. Though rooting won’t erase your data, it is always good to be on safe side.
- Enable USB Debugging on HTC One Max from Developer Options, by following appropriate procedure.
- Charge your device to at least 80%, to avoid bricking of your device.
- Unlock the bootloader on HTC One Max before proceeding, by following the guide here.
- You must have installed CWM/TWRP Custom recovery on HTC One Max, if not then go here and install CWM/TWRP recovery on HTC One Max.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps properly. So proceed at your own risk!!!
How to Root HTC One Max International / Verizon / Sprint / China:
1. Download SuperSU.zip file to PC.
2. Copy the downloaded package to device’s SD card. Make sure to copy at the root of your SD card not inside any folder.
3. Power off HTC One Max.
4. Enter into Hboot mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power key.
5. In Hboot mode select Recovery.
6. In Recovery mode select Install zip from SD card and select SuperSU.zip file and install it.
7. Now Go Back and select reboot system now.
8. Now let your device boot up, after it successfully boots up you will find SuperSu app in the app drawer.
That’s it now you have successfully Root HTC One Max International / Verizon / Sprint / China. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while trying to root HTC One Max.