Want to Root Galaxy Note Pro 12.2; no matter what variant it is either Wi-Fi (SM-P900) or LTE (SM-P905), you can now do so. Before proceeding have a look at advantages and disadvantages of the Rooting in Android here. Also make a note that rooting your Android device voids its warranty, so I recommend you to root your device after the warranty period is completed. Once you are done you are all set to Root Galaxy Note Pro 12.2.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data to a safe location, tough rooting won’t erase any of the data; it is always safe to have a backup, so that we can restore it at the time of any data loss.
- Charge your device at least to 75%, to avoid bricking of your device. It is highly recommended; as if your device turns off in between the rooting process it might brick your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”.
- Install USB drivers for your device on PC from here.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Wi-Fi and LTE Variants:
1. Download the desired Rooting Package for your device variant from the below links:
- CF-Root Package for Galaxy Note Pro SM-P900 –CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.zip
- CF-Root package for Galaxy Note Pro SM-P905 – CF-Auto-Root-viennalte-viennaltexx-smp905.zip
2. Extract the downloaded Rooting Package and obtain file with .tar.md5 format.
3. Download the Odin software on your PC.
4. Open the Odin and run as administrator on your PC.
5. Power Off Galaxy Note Pro 12.2.
6. Enter into Download mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button until you see the warning screen, now press Volume Up to enter into Download mode.
7. Now connect Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 to PC using original USB Data Cable.
8. Now the ID:COM box turns blue colour and you will also see “Added” message in Odin.
9. Now click on PDA or AP and choose the Rooting Package which you have extracted and is in .tar.md5 format.
10. Make sure only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked in Odin and remaining all are un-checked.
11. Click on Start button, now flashing process will start. It will take some time, so sit back and relax.
12. Once done your device will reboot automatically.
13. Once it boots up, confirm whether your device is successfully rooted or not using Root Checker App.