As you all know Rooting in Android provides the user with advance features and gives the user full-control over his/her Smartphone, if you don’t know what Rooting then go here. If you know what rooting is then you can continue.
If you want to Root your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Smartphone to take the benefits of it then you are at right place. After Rooting you can make most out of your Note 2 like you can use apps that require root access and you can install custom ROM’s.
Samsung Galaxy Note2 N7100 with Android 4.3 XXUEMK4 can be rooted with the help of some simple steps. So before proceeding to root you Smartphone, let’s have a quick look at Pre Requisites in order to protect your data from getting lost.
- Your phone should be factory unlocked and not locked by any particular carrier.
- Firstly backup all of your data, contacts, SMS etc., to safe place such as in your PC, Laptop or any other storage device. If your phone has any custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod/TWRP already installed then backup your data using it.
- Now in your mobile go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging“, and enable USB Debugging.
- Make a note that your Smartphone is left with a minimum of 75% battery in order to complete the process successfully. It is important because while in the process of rooting your Smartphone’s battery dies then you may brick your phone.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for any damage occurred to your Galaxy Note 2 for not following the instructions properly.
Root Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUEMK4 Firmware:
1. Download files given below from any one of the links and copy in your PC.
- 1) Samsung USB Drivers – mediafire (or) dropbox (or) 4shared.
- 2) Odin3_v3.07.zip – mediafire (or) dropbox (or) 4shared.
- 3) CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip – mediafire (or) dropbox (or) 4shared (or) official site.
2. Install Samsung USB drivers which you downloaded and extract Odin3_v3.07.zip.
3. Turn off your phone and enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power Buttons together until the construction Android bot icon with a warning triangle symbol appears. Then press the Volume Up to enter into Download Mode.
4. Now open Odin on your PC by double clicking Odin3_v3.07.exe.
5. Now connect your mobile to your PC using USB data cable while it is in Download Mode and wait for some time for the Odin to detect your phone. If the phone is connected successfully you will see added message under Odin message box, and you will also you will see that ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue showing COM port Number.
6. If the connection is successful then in Odin, click PDA button and select CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.tar.md5, which we extracted earlier.
7. Verify Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are checked in Odin.
8. Now Finally click start button. The installation process should begin now and can take some time.
9. After the installation is complete, phone will reboot and a PASS message is displayed in Odin. Now disconnect the phone from PC.
Now to verify whether your phone is rooted successfully download Root Checker app from Play Store. If it shows Congratulations! This device has Root access then your device is successfully rooted. Otherwise try to root it again following the above steps carefully.