In this guide checkout how to Root AT&T Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A – How To
Do you own Galaxy Note 3 and want to root it, to avail all the features that a root user can have, and then you can now Root AT&T Galaxy Note 3. Rooting your device will allow you to install Custom ROM’s, Kernel’s, and you can use apps which require Root Access. Before proceeding to Root AT&T Galaxy Note 3, do have a look at what are the advantages and disadvantages of Rooting in Android here.
Before proceeding, let’s have a quick look at pre requisites to follow to prepare your device for rooting process and also to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data to a safe location; though rooting won’t erase any data, it is always good to have a backup of the data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options, usually located at the path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”. If you can’t find Developer Option in Settings then you have to enable it, by tapping on Build Number for 5-10 times.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid bricking of your device and is highly recommended.
- Download and Install USB drivers suitable for your device from the link.
Assuming that you are done with all the above requisites, let’s now proceed to Root AT&T Galaxy Note 3.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your AT&T Galaxy Note 3 for not following the instructions properly. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
Procedure to Root AT&T Galaxy Note 3:
- Download the Odin software on your PC.
- Download and Extract Rooting Package from here to your PC.
- Run Odin on PC as administrator.
- Power off AT&T Galaxy Note 3 and enter into Download Mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button until you see some text on screen. Now press Volume Up as written on screen to enter onto Download Mode.
- Connect your device to PC using the original USB Data Cable.
- Now you will see that the colour under the ID:COM changes to light blue and you will see “Added” message in the Odin.
- Once your device is connected to PC, click on PDA and select the .tar file from the downloaded files.
- Now click on Start, this will start flashing the Rooting Package on your AT&T Galaxy Note 3.
- Once done your device will reboot automatically.
- You can confirm whether your device is successfully Rooted or not using Root Checker App.
That’s it now you have successfully Root AT&T Galaxy Note 3. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any issues while trying to Root AT&T Galaxy Note 3.