Nexus 7 LTE has started receiving the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat Update recently. If you own this tablet and want to update it to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat then you can follow this guide. This guide is helpful for those who haven’t yet received the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat update. In this guide we are going to manually update Nexus 7 LTE to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat firmware.
Before proceeding to update Nexus 7 LTE to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat firmware, let’s have a quick look at some of the pre requisites to follow to prepare Nexus 7 LTE for the update and also to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data to a safe location, so as to avoid any data loss while updating your device to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat firmware.
- Enable USB debugging on your device from the Developer Options from the path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”. If you can’t find the Developer Options in the Settings then you need to enable it by tapping on the Build number until you see Developer Options enabled message.
- Charge your device to at least 75% to avoid is from being shut down in between the process of updating, if it happens then it may result in bricking of your device.
- Download and Install USB drivers on your PC from here.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC from here.
- Make sure Nexus 7 LTE is on Stock Android 4.4.2 build installed and is un-rooted.
Manually update Nexus 7 LTE to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat KTU84L Firmware:
- Download the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat OTA update package from below:
[box type=”download” ] For most users: cac1a204d3770a20fdce28f6ed3418fdd36abd5d.signed-razorg-KTU84L-from-KOT49H.cac1a204.zip
For Verizon SIM Users: f0c2187ff1dba772cff3fa7f99f0e6bd38ecb62b.signed-razorg-KTU84L-from-KVT49L.f0c2187f.zip [/box]
- Now connect your device to PC.
- Now open the folder where OTA zip package has been downloaded and open command prompt there. How? Open the folder where OTA package is located and press and hold Shift key and Right Click anywhere inside the folder in the empty space and select Open command window here.
- Now we have to boot Nexus 7 LTE to Stock Recovery mode, for that type the following command in CMD:
[box type=”shadow” ] adb reboot recovery [/box]
- Now the device will reboot and will display a black screen with Android bot in the middle. Press Volume Up and Power buttons for few seconds until you observe screen flashing and then release the keys.
- Now it will enter into Stock Recovery Mode, displaying Android System recovery <3e> at the top of the screen.
- In Recovery Mode highlight apply update from ADB and select it using Power button.
- Now enter the following command to side load the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat on Nexus 7 LTE.
[box type=”shadow” ] Enter the following command if you have downloaded the normal OTA package:
adb sideload cac1a204d3770a20fdce28f6ed3418fdd36abd5d.signed-razorg-KTU84L-from-KOT49H.cac1a204.zip [/box]
[box type=”shadow” ] Enter the following command if you have downloaded the OTA package of Verizon:
adb sideload f0c2187ff1dba772cff3fa7f99f0e6bd38ecb62b.signed-razorg-KTU84L-from-KVT49L.f0c2187f.zip [/box]
- Now Nexus 7 LTE is being updated to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat firmware. At this point don’t disconnect or power off your device.
- Once the process is done, select reboot system now in the recovery.