Galaxy S5 G900H is updated to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware and the update is rolled out by Samsung via OTA with XXU1ANG3 as Build Number. The update contains some bug fixes and security enhancements. So let’s now proceed to manually update Galaxy S5 G900H to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXU1ANG3 firmware.
Make sure your device is Galaxy S5 with model no G900H.
Backup all of your personal data in order to restore in case of data loss.
Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device.
Backup your mobile EFS data from here.
Install USB Drivers on your PC.
How to update Galaxy S5 G900H to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat XXU1ANG3 Firmware:
2. Extract the zip file and open Odin.
3. Turn off your Galaxy S5.
4. Boot your device in Download Mode by pressing Home + Power + Volume down button simultaneously.
5. Once in Download mode connect your phone to your PC using USB cable and wait till the ID:COM section turn blue/yellow in the Odin.
6. Now select the files that you have downloaded.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file named ‘CODE’
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file named ‘MODEM’(Ignore if not such file found)
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file named CSC’(Ignore if not found)
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. (Ignore if not found)
7. Don’t forget to Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset in Odin.Enable “Re-Partition” option only if you are using .PIT file.
9. Click on “AP” / “PDA” and select the firmware file.
10. Click on “Start” and wait till the process ends, it will take around 4-5 minutes to complete.
Congrats! You smartphone will be running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.