LG G3 is the successor of LG G2 and if you own LG G2 and want to make it look like LG G3, then you can now. All this is made possible by the custom ROM developers, so let’s thank them for this beautiful ROM. This ROM brings all of the features of the LG G3 to LG G2 and also the skew morphic design. This ROM is called as the Optimus G3, this ROM brings the LG G3 UI to your LG G2 Android Smartphone. So get ready to make your LG G2 look like LG G3.
This ROM has the following features imported from LG G3:
- Ability to shoot videos in 4K Resolution,
- Ringtones, Themes & Wallpapers,
- UI, apps and Magix Focus
Note: This ROM is compatible with only LG G2 D802 variant.
Before proceeding to change the look of your LG G2 to LG G3, let’s have a look at some of the pre requisites to follow to prepare your device for the installation and also to avoid bricking of your device.
- Make a complete backup of your data to a safe location, as we are going to install the Custom ROM on your LG G2, it will erase all of your data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid your device from getting off in between the installation option.
- Root your LG G2. How? Follow here.
- Install the Custom Recovery on your LG G2 from here.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your LG G3. So understand the risk involved and proceed further at your own risk.
Howto make LG G2 look like LG G3
2. Now transfer both the files to the Root of your device’s SD card.
3. Power off LG G2.
4. Enter into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power button until you see the LG logo, once you see LG logo release the buttons and press them again to enter into recovery mode.
5. In recovery mode, select options to wipe data and cache and perform the operations.
6. Now select Install in the recovery and select firmware package install it.
7. Now again select Install and this time choose baseband package and install it.
8. Once the zip files are installed, Go Back and select Reboot.
Note: If your device gets into boot loop sequence, then you have to remove battery and reinsert it and reboot your device. If the problem still persists then you have to follow the above procedure again.
That’s all once your device boots up you will see the look of LG G3 on your LG G2.