Want to have Samsung Galaxy S5, and because of the budget you can’t afford it, then don’t worry. You can make your LG G2 look like Galaxy S5, so that you can have the Galaxy S5 experience on your LG G2. All this is possible because of the Custom ROM developers, so thank them for creating such beautiful Custom ROM firmware.
Before proceeding, let’s have a look at some of the pre requisites to avoid bricking of your device. After having a look at the pre requisites, we can proceed to install the custom ROM.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location, as we are going to install the Custom ROM, which will erase all of your data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options. Most probably under Settings > Applications > Development.
- Make sure your device is rooted. If not go here and Root it.
- Charge your device to at least 80%, so as to avoid bricking of your device. It is highly recommended.
We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your device for not following the steps properly. So proceed at your own risk.
Procedure to Update LG G2 with Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 Custom ROM Firmware:
2. Once downloaded copy both the packages to the root of your SD card. Make sure not to copy inside any folder.
3. Power off your device and boot into Recovery Mode, by pressing Power + Volume Down button, until the LG logo appears on the screen.
4. Now in the recovery mode select options to Wipe cacheand Wipe Data and perform the operations.
5. Once cleared all the cache and the data, select Install zip from SD card and choose the Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 Custom ROM package, which we copied earlier, and install it.
6. Now in the same way install the Google Apps Package.
Once done with the installation of both the packages, Go Back and select reboot system now or reboot in normal mode. The first boot may take up to 3-4 minutes, so don’t panic.
Note: if at all your device gets into boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device, by long pressing power button, and boot it again. If this doesn’t solve the issue again follow the above procedure again.