Motorola launched Moto Maxx XT1225 in the end of 2014 and this device features a 5.2 inch OLED display with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution and is powered by 2.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 Processor combined with 3 GB RAM and runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware. The device is quite rich in specs and coming to camera department it has 21 MP rear shooter which can record videos in 4k resolution and also has 2MP front facing selfie camera with 1080p recording.
In this guide we are going to Root Moto Maxx XT1225 and before that we are going to install the TWRP Recovery on Moto Maxx XT1225. So without any further ado let’s jump to pre-requisites and then to the installation of TWRP Recovery followed by Rooting Moto Maxx XT1225.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location. So as to be on the safe side, just in case if the data is deleted accidently or wiped accidently we can restore it back.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device form Developer Options.
- Charge your device to at least 75%.
- Unlock Bootloader on Moto Maxx XT1225.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device on PC from here.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC from here.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to Moto Maxx XT1225. So understand the risk involved in Rooting Moto Maxx XT1225 and installing TWRP Recovery and proceed at your own risk.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto Maxx XT1225:
- Download the TWRP Recovery for Moto Maxx XT1225 from the above links.
- Unzip or extract the file and obtain img and for our convenience rename it to recovery.img.
- Copy the recovery.img file to the Fastboot folder and press and hold Shift key and right click anywhere inside the Fastboot folder at empty space and choose open command window here.
- Connect Moto Maxx XT1225 to PC using OEM USB Cable.
- Now in CMD type the following commands and press enter after each command:
adb reboot Bootloader
- Once you are booted into Bootloader Mode, flash the recovery.img file to your device using the following command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once the recovery.img is flashed on your device, reboot your device to normal mode using the following command:
Now you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Moto Maxx XT1225, now it’s time to Root Moto Maxx XT1225.
Root Moto Maxx XT1225:
Step 1: Download the rooting package from the download section.
Step 2: Copy it to your device’s internal storage.
Step 3: Open the Fastboot folder and press and hold Shift Key + Right Click inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space and choose Open command window here.
Step 4: Connect Moto Maxx XT1225 to PC.
Step 5: In CMD type: adb reboot recovery and hit enter.
Step 6: Now you should be booted into TWRP Recovery Mode.
Step 7: In TWRP Recovery choose Install > Choose the rooting package > Swipe to install.
Step 8: Once the file is flashed, reboot your device by choosing reboot from main menu.
Step 9: Now check for Root Permissions using Root Checker App.