Now you can install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T800, T805 and root it. After installing TWRP Recovery you will be able to install flashable zip files on your device, install Custom ROM’s, Custom Kernel’s, Create a Nandroid Backup and many more. So if you own Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T800, T805 then follow the below guide and install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T800, T805.
- Make sure your device is Galaxy Tab S 10.5 with model no T800 or T805. You can confirm from settings.
- Backup all of your data to a safe location or on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging on your device.
- Charge your device to at least 80% or more.
- Backup your mobile EFS data.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device on PC.
- Make sure all the Samsung PC Suits like Kies are killed on your PC, while using Odin.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage occurred to your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T800, T805 for not following the instructions properly. So understand the risk involved and proceed at your risk.
How to Root Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T800, T805:
1. Download Odin Software on your PC from here.
2. Download the Rooting Package from here to your PC and extract it to obtain .tar.md5 file.
3. Run Odin as administrator on your PC.
4. Power off Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T800, T805.
5. Enter into Download Mode by pressing “Volume Down + Home + Power button” simultaneously until you see warning message on your screen. Now press Volume Up as written in the warning message to enter into Download Mode.
6. Connect Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 to PC using original USB Data cable, while the device is still in Download Mode.
7. Now you will see that the ID:COM box in Odin will turn blue and an “Added” message will appear in Odin.
8. In Odin click on ‘PDA’ or ‘AP’ and select the Rooting Package (CF_AutoRoot_Port_T800_BeansTown106.tar.md5).
9. Make sure only Auto reboot and F.Reset Time option are checked in Odin and remaining all options are un-checked.
10. Once you are done with all the above listed steps, click on Start, this will start flashing the Rooting package on Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T800, T805.
11. Once done, your device will reboot automatically, wait for your device to boot up successfully. Keep in mind that the first boot may take up to 5-6 minutes, so please be patience.
12. Once the device boots up, look for SuperSU app in the app drawer, you can also confirm whether your device is successfully Rooted or not using Root Checker App.
Now that you have rooted Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T800, T805, you can now proceed to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T800, T805.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T800, T805:
- Download and install the Flashify on Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T800, T805. Flashify needs rooted device, so make sure you have rooted Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T800, T805 first.
- Download the recovery.img file for your device from here to PC.
- Copy it to your device’s SD card.
- Now open the Flashify and tap on Recovery Image > Choose a File > Locate the recovery.img, which you have downloaded and copied earlier and flash it.
- Now it will flash the Reocvery.img file on your device.
- Once done, boot your device into Recovery Mode, to do so press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see some text on screen.
- Now you should be in TWRP Recovery.