Xiaomi Redmi 1S was the first Xiaomi budget Android smartphone launched in India for Rs. 5,999. The smartphone got a great hit in the Indian market due to its high-end specifications at a reasonable price tag. It became the best choice for customers migrating from features phones to Android smartphones.
Xiaomi Redmi 1S launched running on MIUI 5 out of the box, later received MIUI 6 stable update. Today the users will love to hear that Xiaomi started rolling out MIUI 7 update to Redmi 1S. The update carries the version V18.104.22.168.KHCMICI and is about 682MB in size.
The MIUI 7 update is via OTA and might takes couple of days to hit each and every devices of various regions due to server overload. But those who can’t wait for the OTA update and wanted to experience the all new MIUI 7 now itself then you’re at the right place. Below we have shared simple tutorial to flash MIUI 7 ROM on Redmi 1S using the recovery.
Though the process is free from data loss, it is suggested to take backup of important data in order to restore if data loss occurs. The Charging level should be more than 80% to complete the update process. Also make sure the device is running on MIUI 6 stable ROM to install the updates. If any developer or beta ROM is installed, then you need to clear data in the recovery first and then flash the firmware.
Update Xiaomi Redmi 1S to MIUI 7 V22.214.171.124.KHCMICI Global Stable ROM:
1. Download MIUI 7 ROM from the above link and copy the same file to the root folder of device storage.
2. Open Updater App and tap on three dots located at the top right corner.
3. Next select “Choose update package” from the available options and then navigate to the MIUI 7 ROM file which you have copied to internal storage of the device.
4. Confirm and hold your seat until the flashing process is completed.
5. Once done, reboot your device and start using the MIUI 7 on Redmi 1S.
You can also follow out 3 best ways to install MIUI 7 on Xiaomi Redmi 1S Android mobile.
Just in case any trouble while updating, leave a comment below.