Samsung has recently rolled out the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update for Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211. After updating Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211 to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware many users might have lost the Custom Recovery which they have installed earlier. Now to again get back the Custom Recovery on their device, we have to install the CWM / TWRP custom Recovery again.
- Make a complete backup of all of your data to a safe location, to avoid any data loss.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from the Developer Options from the path “Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging”.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to avoid it from going down in between the installation process.
- Download and install USB drivers for your device on your PC from here.
How to Install CWM / TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat firmware:
1. Download your desired recovery package from the below links:
- CWM – CWM 220.127.116.11 Recovery.tar.md5
- TWRP– TWRP 2.7 Recovery.tar.md5 (OLD) (May not work) | T211.TWRP.18.104.22.168.tar.md5 (New)
2. Download and open Odin software on your PC as administrator.
3. Power off Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211.
4. Enter into Download mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power button simultaneously until you see some text on screen. Now press Volume Up to enter into Download Mode.
5. Connect your Galaxy Tab 3 to PC using original data cable.
6. As soon as Odin detects your phone, the box under ID:COM turns blue and you will see “Added” message in Odin.
7. Now in Odin tap on PDA or AP and select the Custom Recovery package which you have downloaded which is in .tar.md5 format.
8. Make sure only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are selected in Odin.
9. Now hit start and it will install CWM / TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211.
10. Once done your device will reboot automatically.
That’s all now you have successfully installed CWM / TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211.