Sony Xperia C C2305, one of the successful Android smartphone of Sony can be updated to Android Lollipop firmware using Custom ROM. So people with Xperia C smartphone can feel the experience of new material design comes with Lollipop update. The Custom ROM comes with Lollipop Bootanimation, Keyboard, SystemUI, Xperia Launcher, Android Wallpapers and different new themes. The ROM is free from bugs, but if you encounter any issue do leave a comment below.
So what are you waiting for, follow the below procedure to install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Sony Xperia C Android phone.
Rooting and Installation of Custom ROM may brick or damage your device. So proceed at your own risk.
- Take backup of important data present on your device. Download third party backup apps from Google play store for easy and fast backups.
- Make sure Xperia C C2305 has root access and CWM recovery is installed.
- Charge your device to at least 70% and enable USB Debugging from settings.
How to Install Android Lollipop on Sony Xperia C C2305:
1. First download Xperia C Lollipop ROM package on your PC. Now extract the same and you will find three new zip file namely Lollipop_Xperia_1.zip, Lollipop_Xperia_2.Zip and BugFixer.zip. Once all these files are extracted, transfer the same to device SD card with the use of Standard USB cable.
2. Now power off your handset and enter into recovery mode (Press Power Button and Volume Up button simultaneously). From main menu, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and also Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
3. Again from recovery main menu select “Install Zip from SD card” and choose the Lollipop_Xperia_1.zip package. Now the device starts flashing the ROM. After completion, reboot your device into normal mode.
4. As its first boot after flashing, you need to setup preferred language, Network and data, etc. Now you will all new home screen on your device.
5. Next switch off your device again and reboot into recovery mode. Here select Install and choose Lollipop_Xperia_2.zip package from SD card. Repeat the same process to flash “Bugfixer.zip” and reboot into normal mode.
Congratulations! Android Lollipop ROM has been installed on your Sony Xperia C C2305 Android smartphone. Let me know if you face any issues while installing the ROM by leaving a comment below.