Motorola has released the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Moto X 2014 Pure Edition XT1095, and is going to be the first to roll out the Android 5.0 Lollipop fir mare update leaving Google behind. Google earlier announced to roll out the Android 5.0 Lollipop for Nexus device’s but dude to some bugs it postponed it and Motorola took the chance and rolled out the Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware update to Moto X 2014 Pure Edition XT1095.
If you own Moto X 2014 Pure Edition XT1095 then you might have got the notification about this update and if you haven’t got any notification then check manually for the Software updates from Settings > About > Software Update. After trying to update your device via OTA, if you fail to update your device, or if you were unable to update it via OTA, then just follow the below guide on How to install Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA on Moto X 2014 Pure Edition XT1095.
As the update is rolled out via OTA, it might take some time to reach your region, so you probably have to wait for it to reach it to your device, if you can’t wait then manually install Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA on Moto X 2014 Pure Edition XT1095, by following this guide.
Before we proceed to install Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA on Moto X 2014 Pure Edition XT1095, we must prepare Moto X 2014 Pure Edition XT1095 for the update or installation process, to do so follow some of the steps listed below:
- Backup all the important data stored on your device to a safe location.
- Make sure Moto X 2014 is left with at least 75% battery juice.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings > Developer Options.
- Install the USB Drivers suitable for your device from here.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your device from here.
- Un-Root your device, before proceeding by flashing the Stock ROM back.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Moto X 2014 Pure Edition XT1095. So understand the risk involved and proceed at your own risk.
Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA Package
How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA on Moto X 2014 Pure Edition XT1095:
1. Download the ADB and Fastboot package from the above link and extract it to a folder.
2. Download the OTA Package (Blur_Version.21.21.42.victara_tmo.tmo.en.US.zip) and copy it to the same folder where adb and Fastboot files are present.
3. Connect your Moto X 2014 to your PC using Original data cable and make sure it is connected properly and detected. Allow USB Debugging on your Moto X, when a popup appears.
4. Navigate to the folder where you extracted the ADB files and press and hold Shift Key and right click anywhere inside the folder at the empty space, now from the list choose open command window here.
5. This will open a Command Prompt inside the folder where ADB and Fastboot files are located.
6. Now in CMD type: adb reboot recovery to boot your Moto X into Recovery Mode.
7. Once you are in Recovery Mode, choose apply update from ADB using Volume buttons and select it using power button.
8. Now type the following command to sideload the Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA on Moto X 2014.
adb sideload Blur_Version.21.21.42.victara_tmo.tmo.en.US.zip
9. This will sideload the OTA package and take a while to install it as the OTA package is bulky. So don’t disconnect or disturb your device or else you will end up bricking your device.
10. Once the process is done, reboot your device.
11. When the device boots up you are ready to experience the latest version of Android i.e., Android 5.0 Lollipop on Moto X 2014.