Gionee Marathon M5 Android Phone with 6020mAh Battery Review
Gionee on Wednesday launched latest Android smartphone in its M series, the Marathon M5. The device has a massive 6020mAh battery on the back which is the combination of two 3010 mAh battery cells. The device provides 62 hours of standby even the battery life is only 5%. With the presence of high charging chips, the device is capable of charging other Android smartphones.
The Gionee Marathon M5 sports a 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED display and has under the hood 1.5GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor. Though the device has massive battery, it measures just 8.5mm and has unibody metal build with a narrow frame.
The other features of the smartphone includes a 16GB internal storage (expandable with microSD), a 2GB DDR3 RAM, a 13MP rear and 5MP front camera, has dual sim support and runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop with Amigo UI 3.1.
Gionee Marathon M5 Key Specifications:
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Super AMOLED Plus display
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Amigo UI 3.1
- 1.5 GHz Quad-Core MediaTek MT6735 64-bit processor with Mali-T760 GPU
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- 16GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- 13-megapixels rear camera with LED Flash, 5P lenses, 1080p video recording
- 5-megapixels front-facing camera, 84-degree ultra-wide angle lens
- Dual SIM support
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 152mm × 76mm × 8.5mm; Weight: 214g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 6020mAh battery
The Gionee Marathon M5 Android phone has Black, White and Gold colors options and is priced at 2299 Chinese Yuan (approx.. US$ 370 / Rs. 23656). The device will be available to purchase staring from June 25th in China. Along with this handset, company also announced Gionee Elife E8, a 6-inch Android 5.1 Lollipop phablet.