After getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware update to many Smartphone, its time for all AT&T Galaxy Note 2 users to enjoy the taste. Its OTA update and every user can update with the help of the WiFi connectivity. The update is quite unexpectedly since the phablet is almost 2 years old and Samsung did not forget about it.
The update is released today and all the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 users will be getting pop-ups regarding the update. The Samsung support page says that the update brings “kitKat 4.4.2 along with multiple improvements”. Below are some of the changes you can expected to see with Android 4.4.2 update for AT&T Galaxy Note 2 Smartphone’s.
Also Read: How to root Galaxy Note 2 Android device
Changelog expected to see after the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update:
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls- Media control when listening to music with full screen album art
- Camera Shortcut- gets the camera application access right from the lock screen
- Improved user experience when multiple messaging apps are installed- All SMS and MMS messages will be together in the same app including other conversations and video calls.
- Visual content such as photos, videos, maps, books, and games are even better with full-screen Immersive mode. The UI stays hidden while interacting with the content.
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars to beautiful look- status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons.
- Consolidated Location Settings- With the help of new Location menu, the location services are integrated and more detailed.
- New Storage access framework- simplifies opening and browsing of any documents, images and other files.
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing- supports printing over connectivity like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed
- New platform support for secure NFC-based transactions through Host Card Emulation (HCE).
- Beats Music is preloaded
- Video player closed captioning Settings > My device > Accessibility > Google subtitles (CC) and Samsung subtitles (CC)
- Can set sound for Samsung apps (call/message/email/calender) Settings > my Device > Sound > Samsung applications
Are you getting notification pop-up regarding update in your Galaxy Note 2, then with the help of WiFi connectivity update your device to android 4.4.2 KitKat. Don’t forget to share the android 4.4.2 KitKat experience in the comment section below.